We have started booking flu clinics for our over 65’s. Please see below for our next clinics:
– 1st October 2019 – 3:00pm – 6:00pm
– 3rd October 2019 – 1:00pm and 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Patients can telephone the surgery to book. Please speak to reception for further information regarding our other clinics.
Having a flu vaccine does not give you the flu and it is safe to have a vaccine.
Please ensure that you are eligible for a flu vaccine before attending the surgery for your flu jab. For any queries, please contact the practice. It is very important that you book the correct clinic for your age as there are different vaccines for under 65s and over 65s.
Patients that are eligible for the flu vaccine are:
- Those aged 65 years and older (on date of vaccination)
- Those aged 18-64 in a clinical risk group
- Pregnant women
- Patients in long-stay residential care homes
Following on from above, the clinical at risk groups are as follows:
- Lung, heart, kidney, liver & neurological diseases
- Suppressed immunity
- BMI of 40 or above